Is your restaurant involved in storing, processing or transmitting any cardholder data? If so, PCI DSS applies to you. This standard applies to electronic and manual storage of data as well as manual processing of data. No matter how you process and handle your customer’s credit card data you need to be concerned at PCI DSS compliance.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure you comply with the PCI DSS standards.
• Build and maintain a secure network
• Protect cardholder date
• Maintain a vulnerability management program
• Implement strong access control measures
• Regularly monitor and test your network security
• Maintain and information security policy